Why choose ASHP for your preparatory needs?
Developed by the leading continuing education provider in the country and the leading preparatory content experts and faculty, this course is different than your average review course. Our approach is multifaceted, scenario-based, and interactive — the opposite of the didactic learning norm.
How do you learn best?
Our course is best suited for practitioners looking for a practical, hands-on, and scenario-based approach to learning.
Our review course participants follow fictional patients in real-life scenarios, including initial presentation, medical history, risk factors, and complications throughout their treatments and outcomes. Participants learn as they apply various treatment options based on national standards and guidelines. Strong emphasis is placed on the thought processes needed to solve patient care problems in each therapeutic area. As patient cases are discussed, faculty members answer your questions to illustrate key concepts.
Highlights of the ASHP review course include the following:
- Interesting, application-based review course approach using complex, case-based interactive learning for high-level practitioners and specialists
- Coverage of health-related problems and socioeconomic factors
- Educational materials that can be downloaded and printed in advance as well as a practice test containing more than 100 practice questions with explained answers and links to original references
- Core Therapeutic Module* for home-study covering statistics, evidence-based medicine, and research design
- Chapter 3, Biomedical Principles of Aging by Lisa C. Hutchison from Fundamentals of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy, Second Edition, for home study prior to the course.
- Confidently prepare for the exam in only two days, saving you time away from work and home, and drastically reducing travel expenses
- Access to a course developed by leading continuing education providers, preparatory content experts, and faculty
*Core Therapeutic Modules are on-demand, web-based activities that help identify knowledge gaps on various topics or disease states.
Agenda and Faculty
Register online - it's the quickest and easiest way to register.
Toll Free 1-866-279-0681 / International: +1-301-664-8700
(Mon - Fri, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET)
FAX the Registration Form [PDF] to 1-301-657-1251
ASHP Geriatric Pharmacy Review and Recertification Course
ASHP Payment Center
P.O. Box 17693
Baltimore, MD 21297
(Note: Checks must be drawn on U.S. banks in U.S. funds.)
Registration Form [PDF]