Sunday, June 10
12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Drug Database and Decision Support Integration into Electronic Health Records
Networking Session Hosted by the Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology
Facilitator: Kevin Marvin, RPh, MS, FASHP, FHIMSS, Kevin Marvin Consulting LLC, Burlington, VT
- Integrating external medication databases, medication information and decision support functionality into electronic health records
- Methods used to keep content up to date
- Tailoring content to a health system’s specific needs
- Integrating content at the appropriate place within clinical workflows
12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Transitions of Care Clinical Practice Challenges at the Bedside
Networking Session Hosted by the Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists
Facilitator: Erin Fox, PharmD, Manager, Drug Information Service, University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics, Salt Lake City
- Share challenges of formulary management through the transitions
- Discuss how to achieve the greatest impact of the clinical pharmacist on HCAHPS
- Discuss innovative roles in hospital clinical practice development
Monday, June 11
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Leveraging Ambulatory Pharmacy Services to Reduce Hospital Readmissions
Networking Session Hosted by the Section of Ambulatory Care Practitioners
Facilitator: Steve Riddle, BS Pharm, BCPS, FASHP, Vice President of Clinical Affairs, Pharmacy OneSource, Bellevue, WA
- Share examples of ambulatory pharmacy services successful in reducing readmissions
- Discuss obtaining necessary resources and integrating pharmacy services into your health system
- Identify opportunities and new roles for ambulatory care practitioners
- Discuss patient selection and measuring the impact of pharmacists’ ambulatory care services
5:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
The ABCs of Patient Safety Initiatives: “Alphabetizing” National Safety Initiatives through Prioritization, Institution Assessment and a Culture of Safety
Networking Session Hosted by the Section of Inpatient Care Practitioners
Facilitator: Marie Link, PharmD, System Medication Safety Officer, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Quality Center University Hospitals Management Services Center, Cleveland, OH
- Overview of the national safety initiatives by recognized medication and patient safety experts
- Developing a blueprint for prioritizing safety initiatives for individual institutions
- Encouraging leadership to establish a Just Culture of safety
- Practical tools for implementing safe medication practices
Tuesday, June 12
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Value- Based Purchasing and Transitions of Care Pharmacy Service Development
Networking Session Hosted by the Section of Pharmacy Practice Managers
Facilitator: Meghan Davlin Swarthout, PharmD, MBA, Division Director, Ambulatory and Care Transitions, Department of Pharmacy, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Discuss business planning on integrating pharmacy services to support organization’s VBP and re-admissions initiatives
- Share challenges on re-designing operational workflows
- Discuss successful return on investment strategies and identify pharmacy’s role in outcomes