ASHP is a proud partner of U.S. National Health IT Week. This week, members of the ASHP Section of Pharmacy Informatics & Technology are sharing our stories within our organizations and beyond to showcase the role of pharmacy informatics professionals have on our patients.
I believe pharmacists increase access to high quality health care, improve patient outcomes, and reduce total cost of care across our health system. I left traditional practice 4 years ago to start a company focused on building software to help pharmacists achieve this goal. In collaboration with leaders across America, our team is working toward actionable outcomes that demonstrate the power that information and technology have to transform health in the U.S. and around the globe to support healthy communities.
At DocStation, we demonstrate the power of information and technology to transform health through:
- Building an electronic health record for pharmacists and their patients
- Designing software to maximize pharmacist time spent on patient care
- Creating analytics tools allowing pharmacists to monitor clinical performance
- Implementing value-based pharmacy payment models that align with provider-focused quality programs
- Working with the CMS Innovation Center on the Enhanced Medication Therapy Management (EMTM) Model
When clinicians, researchers, individuals, and families have access to the tools, information, and resources they need, everyone can lead safer and healthier lives. Join us this week as we reflect on our journey and plan for a healthcare system that meets each of our needs and supports the well-being for everyone in our community. https://www.healthitweek.org/
#IHeartHIT #Pharmacy #Informatics #HealthIT #GetITDone
Samm Anderegg, Pharm.D., MS, BCPS | CEO
DocStation | firstname.lastname@example.org
@anderegg14 | LinkedIn