As the ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting approaches I want to give you a heads up about this program. (Thanks to all the presenters who volunteered and learned how to record their presentation as the meeting is virtual.)
Bite Size Advice for Integrating Life and Career for Busy Pharmacists. MCM Sunday, December 6 10-11:30. 5 minute presentations
- Introduction/Announcements Sara J. White
- Designing A Vision/Mission That Spans Both Personal and Professional Life Jessica Hill
- Bye Bye FOMO How to Get Rid of the Fear of Missing Out Rena Gosser,
- Modeling Real Life for Learners Holly Snider and Lisa Edgerton
- Yoga Mediation Burnout Jill Bates
- Take Girl Trips-Book Ahead Lea S. Eiland
- Job Sharing Options Deb Devereaux
- Professional Organization Involvement Amber J. Lucas
- Why Men/Partners Should Take Paternity Leave Brook DesRivieres
- Tips On How To Leave Work On Time Cynthia K. Jeter
- How Desktop and Mobile Wallpapers (Re-) Organize Your Life Melinda (Mindy) J. Burnworth
- Similarities Between Raising Children and Being A Leader Jennifer E. Tryon
- Working Efficiently For Integration Angela Slampak-Cindric
- Mom Guilt Ways to Cope Kim W. Benner
- Maximizing Productivity at Work Delia Carias
- Automating Life Activities Using Technology Michelle Estevez
As you continue your leadership career and develop those that you work with as well as students and residents consider the following.
Podcasts ASHP Women in Pharmacy Leadership and Melis Rx Scripts
Conversations with Health-System Pharmacy's Most Influential Leaders. Individual and Topic Videos and Podcasts including discussion guides
You do not need to be a member of ASHP to get to these and they are on the ASHP Foundation Website. You can either type in the search function Conversations or use this URL (They actually play on YouTube which you will be taken to).
Individuals you will find are: Stephen Allen, R. David Anderson, Susan Cantrell, William Ellis, Sharon Murphy Enright, John Gans, Lisa Gersema, Harold Godwin, Lucinda Maine, Henri Manasse, Joseph Oddis, Paul Pierpaoli, Pamela Ploetz, Max Ray, Mary Joe Reilly, Bruce Scott, Dennis Tribble, Sara White, Billy Woodward, David Zilz, Tribute to Gloria Francke, and Tribute to Clifton Latiolais. These are located on the Foundation Web Page Leadership Program Tab and you don't have to be an ASHP member to view them.
Topics include the following as excerpts from the individual Conversations:
Pioneers and Innovators: Gloria Niemeyer Francke and Clifton Latiolais
Pioneers and Innovators: R. David Anderson and Harold N Godwin
Dual Career Couples: The Work-Life Balance with Susan Cantrell, Lucinda Maine and Sharon Murphy Enright
The Evolving Practice of Health-System Pharmacy from the perspectives of Pam Ploetz, Billy Woodward and Sara White
The Value of Mentors: Maximizing the Mentoring Relationship from Bruce
Scott, Paul Pierpaoli, David Zilz and Harold Godwin
Landmark Events: Milestones Shaping the Future of Health-System Pharmacy from the perspectives of Max Ray, Joseph Oddis, Mary Jo Reilly, John Gans and Dennis Tribble.
Landmark Events: The Development of Specialization with William Ellis
From ASHP and Amazon Books
Pharmacy Leadership Filed Guide (case based), Wisdom From the Pharmacy Trenches, Letters To Young Pharmacists, Letters From Rising Stars, Letters From Pharmacy Residents, Letters From Women Pharmacists, Letters From Preceptor and soon Letters From Leaders
Book Summaries (some used as readings in the Pharmacy Leadership Academy, PLA ) Summary.com and for about $200/year you get 2-3 every month.
Blinkist.com is an audio (15 minutes/each) review of books that I find helpful, For under $100/year you will receive one daily. Check out the offerings as you will find some of PLA readings such as Covey. I listen when driving or exercising.
Success Magazine Success.com has lots of short articles and some Podcasts.
Mind Tools is a subscription service which comes out monthly with useful information. You may recognize it from my use of it for some of my ASHP Connect posts.
Please share what that you find helpful so we all can benefit.