Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these Rules. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in Connect for anyone who violate these rules.
By joining ASHP Connect and using Connect, you agree that you have read and will follow these Rules. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content or material to that best suited to Connect in accordance with these Rules. Questions should be directed to ASHP via the Contact Us link located in the Connect platform.
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HEALTH-SYSTEM PHARMACISTS, INC.
(ASHP) CONNECT GUIDELINES
Quality of Content. Post quality content. Messages must add to the body of knowledge. Ensure your communication and intent are clear and that your involvement maps to objectives created for the profession or the social web. ASHP reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Consideration. Be courteous and do not attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention.
Promotional Messages. Do not post promotional messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Promotional messages include announcements about webinars, conferences, symposia, financial incentives for participation, etc.
Job Postings. Avoid posting job announcements. As a viable alternative, Connect members are encouraged to post their job listings and resumes on ASHP’s job board, CareerPharm, at www.careerpharm.com.
Pricing/Salary Data. Do not post specific or current pricing or salary data. Messages that mention specific salaries, prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale are prohibited. To comply with antitrust laws, messages should not, either implicitly or explicitly, appear to encourage or facilitate Connect members to arrive at any agreement that leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
Product Info. Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. (See Pricing/Salary Data for more information.)
Links to Social Networking Sites. Links to third-party social networking sites (including but not limited to blogs, discussion mediums, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) are prohibited.
Offensive and Illegal Content. Do not post offensive or illegal content. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, and offensive language is strictly prohibited. Do not post illegal topics or material on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
Appropriateness. Post in the appropriate place(s). Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
DISCUSSION GROUP ETIQUETTE
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals — not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message”.
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HEALTH-SYSTEM PHARMACISTS, INC. (ASHP)
1. Prohibited Activity on Connect
1.1 You expressly agree not to use any part of Connect to upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any content or material, in the sole discretion of ASHP, which:
- Restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying Connect.
- Is fraudulent, unlawful, malicious, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, objectionable, inappropriate, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent.
- Constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or content or material that would violate any local, state, federal or international law.
- Violates, plagiarizes or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right.
- Contains a virus, spyware, or other harmful component or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Constitutes false or misleading identifiers of origin, endorsement or statements of fact.
- Is illegal or unethical or is used for any illegal or unethical purposes.
- Collects or stores personal data about other users.
- Contains embedded links, advertising, promotional material, any form of commercial solicitation, chain letters or pyramid schemes of any kind.
- Consists of communications that could be confused with official communications of ASHP.
2.1 Connect is protected by copyright, patent, trademark, and other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights laws and is owned, controlled, and/or licensed by ASHP. The ASHP logo is a registered trademark of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Inc. You may not use ASHP’s trademarks or service marks without the prior written permission of ASHP. ASHP trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion or be misleading. All other trademarks or service marks appearing on Connect are the property of their respective owners.
2.2 ASHP does not claim ownership of the content or material you publish to Connect. After publishing content or material on the site, you (or a third-party who gave you prior permission to publish their content or material on Connect) continue to retain all ownership to the content or material, subject to the license terms described herein, and you continue to have the right to use the content or material in any way you choose.
2.3 You grant ASHP a license to use the content or material you post to Connect. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content or material (“User Content”) to Connect, you hereby grant ASHP, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use User Content in connection with the operation of Connect, including without limitation, a right to copy, adapt, distribute, license, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works of and reformat User Content.
3. Notice of Copyright Infringement Claim
3.1 If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any content or material on Connect infringes your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing the Designated Copyright Agent (as provided below), with the information listed in the DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement in Section 3.2 (the “Notice”) in writing (see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for further detail). Upon receipt of the Notice, ASHP will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including the removal of the alleged infringed content or material from Connect. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements listed in Section 3.2, your Notice may not be valid.
3.2. DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice, you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the content or material that you claim is infringing, or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed, or access to which is to be disabled; and, information reasonably sufficient to permit ASHP to locate the content or material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on Connect where such content or material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to ASHP’s Designated Copyright Agent:
4. Disclaimer of Warranties
Attention: Copyright Agent
4500 East West Highway
Bethesda, MD 20814
4.1 ALL CONTENT, MATERIAL, INFORMATION, POSTINGS, OR POSTING RESPONSES on Connect is provided “as is” and does not constitute a warranty of any kind, either express or implied. ASHP disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied. This includes, but is not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. It also includes any express or implied warranties arising from any course of dealing, usage or trade practice.
4.2 User Content in Connect is user-generated and constitutes the views and opinions of the author and not of ASHP. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR MATERIAL AND ANY TRANSMISSIONS YOU MAKE TO CONNECT, INCLUDING ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. ASHP assumes no responsibility for any of the User Content posted to Connect, including the accuracy of statements made by users about ASHP.
5. Private or Sensitive Information on Connect
5.1 It is important to remember that any User Content submitted to Connect may be recorded and stored in multiple places, both on ASHP’s website and elsewhere on the Internet, which are likely to be accessible for a long time, and you have no control over who will read the User Content now or in the future. It is therefore important that you are careful and selective about the personal information that you disclose about you and others, and in particular, YOU SHOULD NOT AND SHALL NOT DISCLOSE, ANY PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION, ANY PERSONAL, SENSITIVE, EMBARASSING, PROPRIETARY AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION IN ANY CONTENT OR MATERIAL POSTED IN CONNECT. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (i) immediately notify ASHP of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (ii) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. ASHP cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account.
Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall ASHP or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, assignees, successors-in-interest, employees, agents, distributors, third-party content providers, partners, licensees, licensors, or sponsors or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and independent contractors (individually and collectively, the "ASHP Entities") be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to the use of, the misuse of, or the inability to use, any content, information, material, postings, posting responses, modules, features, links or other elements on or of Connect or any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, inconvenience, unauthorized access, defect, incorrect sequencing, delay in operation or transmission, virus, configuration or compatibility problem, or line or system failure. These limitations apply regardless of whether the party liable or allegedly liable was advised, had other reason to know, or in fact knew of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. You specifically acknowledge and agree that none of the ASHP Entities is or will be liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user or content or material posted on Connect, and you hereby waive the right to recover damages. In no event will ASHP be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, damages relating to lost revenue or profits, lost data, and/or work stoppage.
7. Right to Monitor; Editorial Control
7.1 ASHP reserves the right, but does not have an obligation to, monitor and/or review the content of any communications or material that are posted to Connect, and ASHP is not responsible for any such content or material. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ASHP reserves the right at all times to disclose any content or material as necessary to satisfy any law, rule, regulation or government request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any User Content, in whole or in part, that ASHP considers to be, in ASHP’s sole discretion, objectionable or in violation of (i) this Agreement, (ii) ASHP’s policies or (iii) applicable law. If ASHP elects to modify content or material, ASHP assumes no responsibility for the content or material. ASHP in its sole discretion, with or without notice or penalty, may (a) impose limits on the accessibility of certain features of Connect, including, but not limited to, the placement of your user account and/or any content or material posted to Connect under moderation for ASHP’s prior review and consideration; (b) restrict or suspend your access to part or all of Connect; and/or (c) terminate or expel your access to part or all of Connect, if ASHP believes you are in breach of the guidelines, this Agreement or applicable law, or for any other reason with or without notice or liability.
7.2 Notwithstanding Section 1.1., User Content on Connect is typically deleted, in ASHP’s sole discretion, as a result of, but not limited to, the following:
- Posts which are unrelated to Connect or use of the platform.
- Profanity in subject lines or signatures, or profanity within messages deemed to be blatant as opposed to incidental.
- Spamming or commercial solicitation.
- Posting personal e-mail, support tickets, or chat dialogues.
- Impersonating any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or false representation.
- Posts that contradict best practices or acceptable use of Connect.
- Posts that insult individual support agents, or staff of ASHP.
- Excessive cross-posting (this is considered spam).
- Posts which breach member or customer privacy, i.e. containing phone numbers, addresses, or other personal information.
- Copyright violations.
- Posts that do not otherwise add value to Connect.
8. Export Law Assurances
Connect may be subject to United States Export Controls. The United States Export Control laws prohibit (i) the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) any individual or entity on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. No content or material from Connect may be downloaded or otherwise exported in violation of United States law. By accepting this Agreement and using any part of Connect, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
9. General Terms
9.1 This Agreement represents the complete agreement concerning the subject matter of Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You expressly consent to the exclusive forum, jurisdiction, and venue of the Courts of the State Maryland and the United States District Court for the State of Maryland in any and all actions, disputes, or controversies relating to this Agreement. The parties specifically disclaim applicability of (i) the United Nations Convention on the Sale of Goods and (ii) any Incoterms.
9.2 If any provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.